Hardcore first-person shooter (FPS) gamers consider having the best FPS mouse as a top priority as it makes gaming easier and more enjoyable. But since the number of available options is rising all the time, it can be hard to choose the right mouse that won’t make you regret your purchase.
To select the best FPS mouse, buyers are advised to do the needed research or consider one of the most popular choices which include the ones below.
The Corsair Gaming M65 RGB FPS Gaming Mouse is a popular option among hardcore gamers. This is because the product is made to cater to gamers needs, in particular those of first-person shooter enthusiasts. To provide the needed performance, the M65 is designed to balance intelligent tracking and precise control with style and comfort.
As sold in the market, the mouse has a solid aluminum construction that makes it durable, a USB cable which is fine-braided and gaming-grade Omron switches. Compared to ordinary mice, the Omron switches used on the M65 makes it more reliable, durable and able to provide unrivaled performance that lasts even through the longest gaming campaigns.
Since it is built as an FPS mouse, the mouse is equipped with a dedicated sniper button along with adjustable weight-tuning zones, 8 programmable buttons and rubber-molded high class scroll wheel which is rubber molded. Finally, the mouse uses an 8200 DPI laser sensor which is responsible for allowing it to provide seamless performance and very quick responses to commands that the user is trying to input.
- Comes with an ergonomic, durable and lightweight construction
- Features an aluminum unibody design
- Has an aluminum frame that provides optimal mass distribution and rigidity
- Comes with the 3-zone 16.8 M backlighting feature
- Provides pixel-precise, intelligent, responsive and quick control
- Comes with an 8200 DPI laser sensor
- Equipped with 8 programmable buttons
- Product availability is quite limited
- Might not be readily available in some parts of the US
- Not backed by a warranty
- Not eligible for shipping in some countries
Many FPS gamers prefer the Corsair Gaming M65 RGB FPS Gaming Mouse over other options since it is equipped with 8 programmable buttons, has an 8200 DPI laser sensor and 3-zone 16.8M backlighting. It is also very lightweight and durable.
The Redragon Samsara M902 Gaming Mouse is another bestseller among FPS gamers. It comes with a DPI of up to 16400, polling rate of 1000 Hz, and a maximum acceleration of up to 30G and 12000 FPS.
It features 13 programmable buttons and accommodates up to 5 memory profiles that allow gamers to obtain the best customization for every game. For better gaming performance, the M902 is equipped with TEFLON feet pads and an ergonomically contoured body for impressive gaming control. Finally, the product comes with a 6 feet braided-fiber cable and a gold-plated USB connector that makes it ready to provide the desired performance all the time.
- Well-contoured and durable
- Has 13 optimized programmable buttons and 5 more on the side
- Equipped with a 16400 DPI laser sensor
- Has a polling rate of 1000 Hz
- Provides a maximum acceleration of up to 30G
- Has durable TEFLON feet pads, gold-plated USB connector and 6 foot braided fiber cable
- Has a few redundant functions
- Works only with the Windows OS
- Not readily available in several US areas
- Not shipped to some countries
With its 13 programmable buttons, lightweight construction and 16400 DPI laser sensor, the Redragon Samsara M902 Gaming Mouse remains an ideal FPS gaming option. It also offers a polling rate of up to 1000 Hz, acceleration of 30G and 12000 FPS to make its user stay on top of the competition.
The Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse is also considered as a best product in the class. The mouse offers better, faster and stronger performance when compared to many alternatives. It is powered by the company’s new Fusion engine that allows the mouse to provide ultra-fast tracking speeds that leave the opponents wondering what hit them.
Aside from that, it is equipped with 8 programmable buttons along with an onboard memory. With such features, the G402 allows the user to perform a number of distinct tasks while engaged in the game. This includes chatting with a teammate, reducing the DPI using single-press triggers and executing multiple commands. For better results, the mouse can be tuned using the optional Logitech Gaming software that enables setting up of commands more convenient.
To become more flexible, the mouse is blessed with 4 on-the-fly DPI settings that enable the user to downshift pixel-perfect sniping and easily shift to perform high-speed maneuvers with the needed amount of precision. The function also allows DPI adjustments from 400 DPI to 250 DPI within a blink of an eye. Finally, the product features an all-new shape that makes using it more comfortable.
Finally, the G402 comes with a 32-bit Arm processor which is a very useful feature. It is because the processor helps the mouse to work well with the optional Logitech Gaming Software which enables the user to design and assign macros to the programmable buttons for better gaming performance.
- Has a comfortable and ergonomic construction
- Dubbed as one of the world’s fastest gaming mice
- Has the Fusion Engine technology and a report rate of 1MS for faster tracking speeds
- Has 8 programmable buttons
- Can be used along with the optional Logitech Gaming Software
- Has 4 on-the-fly DPI settings
- Equipped with a 32-bit Arm processor
- Compatible only with the Windows OS
- Has a cord which reduces flexibility
- Not eligible for international shipping
- Usually gets out of stock
The Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse remains a good buy for most gamers since it comes with a lightweight, ergonomic and convenient design. It also has a 32-bit Arm processor and 8 programmable buttons that allow enhanced customization.
Out of the three products discussed above, the Corsair Gaming M65 RGB FPS Gaming Mouse, is probably the best choice for FPS gamers since it bundles a lot of features that will put users ahead of their competition in any first-person shooter game.
The Redragon Samsara M902 Gaming Mouse offers a number of features provided by the Corsair, which makes it the second best option.
Finally, the Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse proves to be the third best pick among the three for it is equipped with a solid set of generic functions that a good FPS gaming mouse is expected to provide.